Get your Massachusetts Souvenirs! Happy 226th Birthday today Massachusetts!
Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this February 6th.
Massachusetts became the 6th
state on February 6, 1788. And for today only you can use the coupon code Ma226
on any of your favorite Massachusetts state souvenirs. Choose from Massachusetts Symbolz, Souvies and Peace Pals and receive a 20% discount on these state souvenirs.
Here are some fun state facts:
- In 1962 Salem, Massachusetts there were 19 men and women hung in Gallows Hill, near the Salem village and another man was crushed to death. All of them were accused of witchcraft. Many others were claimed and jailed for this.
- Boston, Massachusetts is home to America’s first subway system. The Hub’s transit system is the eldest in the nation. Mass transit entered in the city in 1631.
- Charles Roser of Philadelphia invented the Fig Newton cookie. Kennedy Biscuit Company purchased the recipe and started production in 1891. The product was named “Newton” after the town in Massachusetts.
- The Pilgrims and Wampanoag Indians celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day feast in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1621. In 1863, president Abraham Lincoln declared it an official holiday.
- Its nicknames are the “Bay State”
- The state flower is the Mayflower
- The state bird is the Black-Capped Chickadee
- The state tree is the American Elm
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook
page or follow us on Twitter
. We post pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.