Kentucky Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this June 1st.
Kentucky became the 15th state on June 1, 1792. And for today only you can use the coupon code KYBDAY13 on any of your favorite Kentucky state souvenirs. Choose from several of our Symbolz, Souvies or Peace Pals and receive a 20% discount on your order.
Here are some fun state facts:
- The first Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) restaurant was owned and operated by Colonel Sanders opened in Corbin, Kentucky during the great depression.
- Churchill Downs in Louisville is home to the Kentucky Derby, which is the oldest continuously held horse race in our country. It’s been run every year since 1875, and held on the first Saturday in May.
- The world’s longest cave, Mammoth Cave, is located in the Kentucky counties of Edmonson, Hart and Barren. The cave has about 400 miles of passageways.
- The song, “Happy Birthday to You”, comes from the song that Patty Hill and Mildred Hill (sisters) created for children, “Good Morning to All” in 1893. Patty was a kindergarten principal in Louisville, KY.
- Its nickname is the “The Bluegrass State”
- The state flower is the Goldenrod
- The state bird is the Cardinal
- The state tree is the Tulip Tree
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post fun pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.
Comments will be approved before showing up.